Sunday, June 6, 2021

Soul Soothing Saturday

Yesterday was a soul soothing kind of day.  Earlier in the week, our plan was for my spouse to head to Homestead to help his brother with repairs on the house they've just bought, while I would stay at our house to do a deep clean so that our realtor friend could show it to some folks next week.  But my spouse wants to be sure we can find a place to rent if the house sells more quickly than during ordinary times, so the new plan had me researching that.

I had a Zoom meeting with my quilt group at 9 a.m., and I started a batch of yeasted pumpkin bread.  It was only later that I realized that I had a quarter gallon of milk that was too sour to drink but could be used for baking.  I decided not to clean up, but to start another batch of bread.  And so, later in the afternoon, I took this picture:




Because I had a head start on the rental research and because my spouse was gone all day, I was also able to read.  I am reading Maggie O'Farrell's Hamnet, and it is as wonderful as everyone says.

My spouse came home full of Mexican food, so I was able to have one of my favorite kind of suppers, wine and cheese and crackers.  We talked about possibilities, and it's good to feel that we are both pulling the cart of our married life in the same direction.

No comments: