I saw the tornado warning three minutes before it ended. I'm not sure why my phone didn't sound an alert. Happily, the storm never swooped south to us; I have a friend in North Asheville who lost power and internet. Our lights only flickered once.
The wind died down, and we went back to watching Ride or Die. It's a compelling show: female friendship and assassins set in London and maybe now moving into Europe. I can't figure out where it's going, but I like the ride. It's got enough funny moments to keep me hooked. The violence is a bit much, but so far, I can tolerate it.
The other afternoon event of note: I got a phone call from the dermatologist. The biopsy from my July 1visit came back showing a basal cell on my shoulder. I will go in today to get the spot scraped again.
In some ways, it's not a big deal. But it will be my 3rd skin cancer in the last seven months. In some ways, it's to be expected. With a melanoma diagnosis, my doctor is keeping a much closer eye on my skin and sending in more samples to be diagnosed. But it's sobering in many ways.
I also feel like I shouldn't make a big deal out of skin cancer, when other people are having much more serious biopsies done. But I also see the big scar on my arm from the melanoma surgery; it's fading, but it's still noticeable.
Today I start the day with the dentist and end with the dermatologist. It seems a commentary on modern life, or maybe just my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment