Friday, April 20, 2012

Five of My Poems at "Referential": Now It's Your Turn

I am the featured poet at Referential Magazine, with 5 poems published there.  Go here to get to the links for each.

But wait, there's more.  Referential Magazine is a very cool concept, the kind of magazine that likely could not exist without an Internet.  Once a creative work is up at the site, others are invited to respond creatively.  It's more than just a comment section, although the magazine has that too.  Often, other whole works are published that have been created in response to an original work that appears in the magazine.

Here's how the magazine explains:

"At Referential Magazine we will be nesting a site that builds from one piece of writing (be it prose or poetry). From that piece we want other artists to submit “referential“ material. This material could be visual, auditory, written etc. We expect this project to evolve the longer it exists. We look forward to hearing from you."

I know that many of you are still working hard on your National Poetry Month goals, and having done the poem a day challenge myself, I know there comes a point when you need more prods and prompts.  So, I invite you to view Referential Magazine as inspiration.  Read my poems and write something in response.  Once you've got something you like, submit it to the magazine.  For more details, head over to this page on the magazine.

I love the concept of this magazine, and it would have been much harder, if not impossible, to do without an Internet.  Immediate links make this kind of creative conversation possible.

So, read my poems, and respond creatively.  I look forward to seeing what develops!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Oh, congratulations, Kristin! I am so glad your work is at Referential. I love visiting there and finding the nests. I will go read your work now!

Jessie Carty said...

Thank you for sending us your work! I hope you'll find something to refer from/to in the future as well :) I do hope - someday - when I have the time and funds to do a print issue like a choose your own adventure concept!

Kristin Berkey-Abbott said...

Thanks Kathleen, for your enthusiasm. And thanks, Jessie, for creating such a cool magazine.