Monday, August 19, 2013

First Post in New House

I don't have much time to write, but I couldn't resist writing the first post in the new house.  I've had the computer set up for almost 2 weeks, but I've been waiting on the wireless adapter, since the computer on which I work is not set up for wireless Internet connectivity.

It wasn't quite a plug and play application, but finally, I got the device to work.  Hurrah.

It's been a whirlwind week-end.  Our house has been on the market for a little over a week now.  On Saturday, we had an open house.  I stayed away--after all, that's why we have a realtor.  On Saturday, she wrote to tell us we had an offer.

It was a little lower than we expected, so we negotiated.  On Saturday we had an agreement.  But because of various mortgage requirements, that agreement wouldn't work for the buyer.  On Sunday, they came back with a different offer, the original offer, plus no repairs.  We said yes.

We could leave the house on the market longer to see what happens.  But I imagine that what would happen is that after many months, we'd get an offer that was in that ballpark anyway.  And we'd have paid a lot in taxes, insurance, electric and water.

Our buyers want to a close date before Sept. 30.  Hurrah!

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed and praying and hoping--after all, much could still happen to derail this process.  But the buyers are pre-qualified, so the first hurdle has been leapt.  And we're eager sellers--very eager sellers.

And I'm a woman who has to get ready for work and get to spin class.

No comments: