Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Look Back at Halloween Week

This week has not turned out to have the memories I thought it might.  I thought that since we're in a more pedestrian-friendly area, we'd have more trick-or-treaters.  I had a vision of sitting on our porch, sipping wine, handing out candy.

We had 5 trick-or-treaters.  I wish I could say that we are resisting the temptation to eat the leftover candy, but we are not.

Still, it was a good week.  Here are some highlights:

--I had several meals with a variety of friends.  All of them were good, and they all nourished me in more ways than just the food.

--I went to two Halloween spin rides.  On Wednesday, we rode to the music of AC/DC while Night of the Living Dead played on the screen.  In an odd way, it worked.  On Thursday, we rode to specially selected music.  It was a week of great workouts.

--This was the week where I began to be more open about the fact that I'm teaching online classes at Broward College.  So maybe I'll write more about that in the coming weeks.

--In the meantime, let me say how much I'm enjoying those classes.  I'm impressed with the depth of my students' posts on the discussion boards.  It's good to be back in the world of discussions of literature.

--I reworked a blog post of Kathleen Flennikan's Plume for a journal.  I saw the publication of a blog post on the Living Lutheran site.  I'm happy about being asked to do those things.

--And today, I present a paper at the Society for the Study of Human Development--so, not much time to write this morning.  Time to get ready . . .

No comments: