Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Accreditation Pie

I woke up around 2 a.m., as I have been doing, with dreams of accreditation documents swirling in my head.  I also wondered how many people might already be on the road, in the middle of their Thanksgiving travels.

Then I rolled over and went back to sleep.

I've also been seeing some people's Facebook posts about the Thanksgiving cooking that has begun, particularly the baking.  Yes, I would like to be making pies, instead of changes to the accreditation documents.

But it's OK; I won't always be working on accreditation documents, and it's a fact of life for all of us these days in education.  It's a particular season, accreditation season, and it will return to us on a regular basis.

And it's a good thing, in many ways.  Accreditation gives us a chance to assess what we're doing well, and what we should consider changing.

But I do wish it involved some making of pie.

Accreditation pie--there's a thought for a poem!

No comments: