Sunday, January 6, 2019

Windowsill Altar Month 2, and Other Creative Activities

Today is the feast day of the Epiphany, the day the celebrates the wise men (or magi or kings or astrologers), the skies they studied, and the star they followed.  There's a shadow story, of King Herod who felt so threatened by the birth of a new king that he killed every male child under the age of 2 in Bethlehem.

For some of us it is the last day of the Christmas season; you could celebrate until Feb. 2, the feast of Candlemas, the 40th day after Christmas where Jesus would have been taken to the temple.

This morning I created the second of my weekly to-do lists.  Here's how week 2 looks:




It's very different from week 1:



I checked off the goals that I accomplished.

I also created a new windowsill altar--the evergreens were getting brown and crispy:


Here's a close up of the bowl:





I also baked the communion bread for church this morning.  We're experimenting with gluten free recipes.  Even a gluten free bread makes the house smell wonderful.

It's been a lovely morning.  Later I will think about getting my online classes ready; they open at midnight, but I still have plenty of time.  It was important to me to have creative time this morning.  Few things make me happier.

No comments: