Friday, January 3, 2020

Angering the Car Gods

There must be some car god that we've angered with our recent celebrations of the baby Jesus or the lamps that stay lit or the return of light to the Northern Hemisphere.  On some level, of course I am joking.  On some other level . . .

Yesterday I spent much of the morning on the phone trying to get to the next step with my car rental after the flooded car was towed away.  This morning, it appears that the reservation has disappeared.  I made another one, called Geico, and we're good to go.  Of course, I've thought that before  . . .

Yesterday afternoon, not one block from my house, my spouse was driving our one remaining car.  He turned too sharply to avoid a car that seemed to be running the stop sign.  He drove over what had been a curb, but now was just the storm grate, which had a sharp edge that punctured the sidewall of the tire.  So now we add that to our to do list . . .

I keep reminding myself that these are problems that are easily solved, as problems go.  We have money to replace the drowned car, and we'll get the tire replaced on the other car.  We have our health, we have our loved ones, we have work, we have a safe place to sleep.  Many people would gladly trade their problems for ours.

Let me keep this post short, so that I can get to the car rental place with hopes for restoring our equilibrium.

No comments: