Thursday, April 23, 2020

Link Love

I spent part of my writing morning composing an e-mail for a seminary student who wanted information about the Create in Me retreat.  That writing brought me joy, and I liked what I wrote so much that I used it as a post on my theology blog.

This morning, since my writing time is running out, I want to record some links to items that have been intriguing to me in the past day, items that I may want to find again.

This article is fairly short and full of good ideas for salvaging a day that's gone off the rails.  Some of these approaches I've done intuitively, but it's good to have a comprehensive approach.

This website lists every college and university that got money from the stimulus package, and it lists how much of it had to be distributed to students.  It's a staggering amount of money.

This article offered 15 ways we might return to campus this fall.  There will be follow up articles that explore each possibility in depth.  I thought the list was worth keeping, in case we need to make quick shifts as the next 2 years go by.  We won't have a vaccine, and we're not likely to have a cure, and we won't have her immunity, so we may need to shelter at home here and there. 

I will not link to the article in The Washington Post that talked about the record breaking heat in Southeast Florida, but it's good to know it's not my imagination.  We've had highs in the mid-90's for what feels like weeks now--and no, that's not normal, at least, it wasn't normal during the old climate.

No comments: