Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Holding Up Half the Sky, and All the Cosmos Too

Yesterday, I realized that I hadn't sent a haiku to my group in a week, while at the same time realizing that I had the 7 syllable line.  In short order, I sent these:

Weary, staying strong,
Women hold up half the sky
all the cosmos too

Or do you like this version better?

Weary, staying strong,
Women hold up half the sky
and the cosmos too

The difference is subtle, but worth noting.  

This morning, while looking at the lines, the idea for a sketch glimmered in my mind.  Let me see what I come up with.

Update:

I wasn't having much luck until I did an image search for "stylized sketch Atlas holding up the sky" and came up with some images I could use.  At first, I did these 2, which were getting me closer:




And then I came up with this:




That sketch became the basis for the finished (at least for this version) sketch:



No comments: