Saturday, May 8, 2021

Sketching Frog and Toad

I am always intrigued by the Twitter tweets and Facebook posts that get the most likes.  On Friday, I was surprised to see that my tweet on sketching Frog and Toad had gotten the most likes of any tweet I've ever made.  Here's the sketch I made:


I created it after seeing this post that someone else had tweeted:


And then I fell down a rabbit hole looking for information about which Frog and Toad book contained that image.  I'm almost sure it's from Frog and Toad Are Friends.  I got to see other delightful images from the books and made another sketch:



The next day, I had a vision of creating a series of sketches that combines Frog and/or Toad with other beloved characters from childhood stories.  Here's one I call Frog of Green Gables:


I thought it was slightly disturbing, and not just because I couldn't get the hat right.  But I also thought it was funny and charming in an off kilter way.




Will I do more in this series?  Will there be a Toad Longstocking?  Will I send Frog and Toad to a little house on a prairie?


Stay tuned!

No comments: