Thursday, October 13, 2022

Inspiration from Pope St. John XXIII

If all goes well, I'm on the road already by the time you read this post. I'm taking part of Reading Week to head back to my little mountain house at Lutheridge. I'm looking forward to seeing mountains full of leaves on my way there and back.

Here's some inspiration for your mid-October:

From Bishop Kevin Strickland's Facebook post on October 11, 2022

"Today the Church remembers Pope St. John XXIII, who opened the Second Vatican Council on this day 60 years ago.

[Here's some inspiration from that Pope:]
 
'Consult not your fears but your hopes and dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do.'”

No comments: