Sunday, May 28, 2023

Chilly, Rainy Pentecost

 I was trying to remember why I don't have Pentecost memories from last year--last year, I was at Synod Assembly.  Three years ago, we worshipped from a distance, and I contributed this Pentecost sermon by way of video; it's still one of my favorite videos that I've created.

Today I'll go to my North Carolina church for Sunday worship for the last time for 9 months.  A week from now, I'll be in transit to the Bristol Tennessee church where I'll be serving for 9 months, and my main job duty will be Sunday worship.

Today, in addition to Pentecost, we'll bless the camp counselors for Lutheridge.  Campers arrive a week from tomorrow.  Counselors have already been here, some of them for two weeks.  On Wednesday, the residential community and the counselors will have a picnic at the lake in the evening.  

It's going to be an interesting season, both the season of summer and the season of house reconstruction.  It also feels like I'm entering a different season in seminary terms:  more hands-on work, with an internship, more work from a distance, a time when I start to apply some of what I've learned.

My time to write this morning comes to a close.  I've gone for a walk in the early morning rain marveling at the late May chill.  A gallon of sweet iced tea steeps for later refreshment.  Let meput on my red and black clothes and get ready for a different kind of Pentecost service.

No comments: