We've had a major internet outage in my service area overnight, so let me make a quick blog post in case it flickers out again.
On Monday, I made this Facebook post, which has gotten more likes than almost any other Facebook post I've ever made:
My department chair is the one who just took over from the old department chair at Spartanburg Methodist College; that department chair took over when the chair who hired me got promoted to Dean of Humanities.
The all-time favorite blog post I've ever made, the one that got the most likes and loves, is the one where I announced I had just applied to Wesley Theological Seminary. That was back in February of 2021, and it is rather staggering to think about all that has happened since then, both in my personal life, in the life of the nation, and the life of the planet.
Happily, I do not have time for a full catalogue of wins and losses. But there is always time for gratitude that I found my way here to this small, liberal arts college, where I am so lucky to have a tenure track job, with a Candidacy Committee who is supportive of my goal to be bi-vocational.
No comments:
Post a Comment