Monday, August 30, 2010

Once More, Into the Paperwork Abyss

Yesterday, we watched the movie Julie and Julia. I saw it when it first came out and wanted to see it again. I wanted a movie about food and France. But more importantly, for this work week, I wanted a movie that showed that even when one has to redo something over and over again, it could lead to greatness--or at least, the end of a project. I love the vision of Julia Child as a writer and a more rigorous writer than most of us will ever be.

This will likely be one of those weeks where I feel like my well-trained brain is going to waste at work. I have to revisit a batch of documents once again, make changes that weren't anticipated earlier, and make lots and lots of copies. It will likely not be as bad as I think. But it will be annoying, because I thought we were done with this process.

I know that I'm lucky, because I really like my job most days. I work with a great group of people, and most days, I really believe in the tasks that we must do on the job. Maybe I'll get lucky, and I can get through the document revision process all in one day. And then I can get back to the processes that are more important.

No comments: