Saturday, February 7, 2015

Memoir Update

This morning, I finished the last tasks for the memoir/essay project that I want to have done before I go to Mepkin Abbey in 2 weeks.  I have a complete draft, complete but with a series of dream job essays to insert.  While at Mepkin Abbey, I will read the whole draft and decide where to put the essays.

While I'm reading I will look for repetition:  is it repetition that's annoying, or evidence of unifying themes?

And then I'll try to figure out what to do next.  My hope is that I'll discover that I'm holding a mostly finished draft in my hands.

I haven't heard from the first agent yet, the one who was Gretchen Rubin's agent, who brought us The Happiness Project.  On to the next one.  My writer Hindu friend tells me that it's time to move on.  She sees the book as incredibly marketable and is shocked that no one has snatched it up.

As she would say, "From her lips, to the gods' ears!"

No comments: