Friday, October 23, 2015

Coffee in a Cafe, and Other Delights

Yesterday was one of those days that I felt fortunate to have my job--after a good morning teaching in the classroom, I got to tag along with a class that was taking a field trip to a museum. 

I liked the exhibits at the museum, as I always do.  I was inspired by the exhibit of the lone female credentialed as an official WWII photographer, but I most loved the exhibit that explored Scandinavian abstract expressionism of the first half of the 20th century.

Thus inspired, I came back downstairs and sat at the museum café.  I watched my colleague go over essays with her students in the café, while I made some notes for a poem.  I had a latte--it was so delicious that I had another.

After her class was over, my colleague and I went to a downtown campus to say hi to some folks we know there.  I'm not great at networking with new people, but I do make an effort to stay in touch with people I have known through the years.

My writing time is short this morning, but it's been a good writing week.  And I like having days like yesterday that remind me that it's been a good administrator week overall too.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I love that you ordered a second latte. I never feel like I can order a second latte.