Sunday, March 24, 2019

Saturday Nourishment

Yesterday was a wonderful day.  I so needed a wonderful day, after days of slogging and drudgery.  Let me count the ways that it was wonderful:

--My once in a blue moon book club is such a sustenance for me.  What a treat to be with people who love to read, who want books that will challenge them, who can hardly wait to tell you about the wonderful book they're reading.  How great to be part of a book club where we actually talk about the book at hand.

--The cinnamon rolls that our host made for our book club meeting were astonishingly good.  Fresh out of the oven and so perfect with the hot coffee.

--Even though we didn't get any closer to making some decisions about the furniture that's stored in the cottage, we did have good conversations.  I realized that my frustration is that my spouse has a vision for what the furnishings in the main house will be, and I can't find any of this stuff on the Internet.  I've spent a lot of time looking, and I'm tired of this.  My spouse said, "I'd rather have nothing than the wrong stuff."  Very well.  I am done looking, at least for now.

--When it comes to housing, and perhaps many projects, I have often found that when I'm having no success, I need to just back off for awhile.

--My spouse took a nap, and I got some grading done.

--A few weeks ago, I wrote to a friend to say how strange it was that we weren't going to a concert in March.  We had gone to see my spouse's chorale concert in Dec., Carrie Newcomer in January, and the Hank Williams/Patsy Cline tribute concert in February.  My spouse suggested a few concerts, and lo and behold, last night we went to our March concert:  Brothers of Others.  Best of all, it was a free concert at the beach.

--We went early to get a meal together with our spouses.  We ate at Margaritaville, which gave us a great view of the concert stage.  Because we had to wait to be seated, we ended up seeing the concert from that perch.  It was perfect.

--I had a slice of salted caramel cheesecake--it was amazing.

--What a delight:  a good meal with a wonderful dessert, a meal with friends, good conversation.  Hey that sums up my whole day.  I got to repeat that process several times yesterday.  What a nourishing day, in so many ways.  What a relief.

No comments: