Monday, August 3, 2020

Holy Resilience

I came across an interesting term last week: holy resilience. One of my pastor friends recorded a "Come to Jesus" meeting to remind us that these times are hard, but we can be resilient.  I'm using her term, "Come to Jesus" meeting, but it was really more of a pep talk.  

She mentioned a blog post that used the term "holy resilience"; I did a search and came across this post.  It's got lots of encouraging words, lots of good ideas, lots of Bible verses that address different aspects of what it takes to get through trying times.

I'll keep meditating on that phrase in the days to come.  I also decided to sketch a bit.  Here's the first version:




Later, I added more gray.  At first I thought I'd ruined the picture, but the frenetic energy has grown on me.



I kept layering colors and finally called it done:


1 comment:

Dora williams said...

Having a proven book helps land a good publisher for your book. Getting review from usbookreviews dot com and setting up a promotion on Bookbub surely helps.