Tuesday, August 9, 2022

First Fruits

Blog writing time is short today; I have online grades due tomorrow.  Let me record some Facebook posts that I made:

Inspired by the agricultural efforts of friends and family, and by a great breakfast made entirely from their gifts to me (eggs, peppers, chives, basil, tomatoes), I decided to seek out more produce at the Western North Carolina Farmer's Market in Asheville. It's not far away, but I was more impressed with what I brought home with me from my Appalachian road trip. I did get the first of the apples--the season is shifting.

Sad to hear about the death of Olivia Newton John. I absentmindedly sing her songs while reading about her life. There's the whole "Grease" soundtrack of course. But there's also stuff from that mid-70's album my dad had: "Have You Never Been Mellow?" and "I Honestly Love You." And "Physical" from a later year. Also feeling a bit sobered to realize how old I am, how that music is from such a long ago space.

No comments: