Monday, March 20, 2023

Springing

Today is the day that winter gives way to spring:  happy equinox!  I didn't plan it this way, but I am headed down to the Tidal Basin this morning in the hopes of seeing glorious cherry blossoms.  We've had some nights with temperatures below freezing, which isn't good for these blooms, but I have hopes that it will still be beautiful.  The cherry trees around my seminary campus seem to be holding up OK.  This tree bloomed earliest, and it's gone on to its next phase, but here it is back in early February:



I do wonder if the trees are cherry trees or something else that has pink flowers.  I am also noticing the absence of azalea plants around seminary.  I'll keep my eyes open today.

We are starting off today in a wintry place with temperatures in the 20s, but by the end of the week, the temperatures are forecast to be closer to 70.  It seems a metaphor for something, but I don't feel like puzzling out.  Some days, I just want to let the spring weather be the changeable thing that it is.


No comments: