Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day 2015: A Poem, Of Sorts

It's Father's Day--could I say anything new?  This blog post is my favorite tribute that I've written to my dad.

Here is one of my favorite pictures of my dad:



I also love this one:


My dad is practicing his singing for a Harmonizers concert; my nephew is listening to the practice CD too as he plays Minecraft on his Ipad--together, even though plugged in.


Today I want to play with a photo essay.  Or a photo poem.  Let me see what happens.

----------------------------------------------------------





Though we hike through the backcountry, the best fathers have showed us how to return.





The best fathers show us how to pack all we need on our backs.





The best fathers give us maps to the trails.




The best fathers know we cannot avoid snakes and thus we need a snake bite kit.




The best fathers will keep us warm, even when we're stranded.




The best fathers give a whistle on a family lanyard that cannot be unbraided.


---------------------------------------------------------------
Of course, we could change the word father to poet--would that work?  Artist?  Teacher?  Guide? 

No comments: