Sunday, July 30, 2017

Sleeping In

July is coming to an end with a week-end of sleep.  On Friday, I fell asleep at 7:30--I just couldn't hold my eyes open any longer.  I got up at 3 a.m., but crawled back into bed an hour later and slept until 8:30.  Yesterday we took a nap, but still were in bed by 8:00 a.m.  Yes, July has left us exhausted.

It's not like we've gotten nothing done.  We got the cottage back into shape after a week of hosting the camp counselors.  We did several loads of laundry and took quilts/afghans back to the cedar chest in the main house.  A week ago, I spent an afternoon taking things like food, dish soap, kitchen towels, and such out to the cottage--yesterday, I brought them all back.

I had a coupon for $10 off a shoe purchase--since that coupon was only good during the month of July, I went to the store.  In the past, this time of year, I've been able to get a pair of sandals for practically free, and this year was no exception.  The store had a buy one, get one for 50% off, plus I had accumulated an additional discount through a points system that I didn't realize was in effect through these years of shoe buying.  So, for $25, I got 2 pairs of sandals that are suitable to wear to work.

I also bought airline tickets, which is always a much longer process than it should be, as I compare airlines and times and weigh the advantages of being able to choose a seat and to get home earlier and to check a bag if I feel like it and wonder why this all has to cost so much.

We haven't had a week-end of sleep like this in a long, long time.  Part of me feels guilty:  I know that we still have much to do before the month of July is over, by which I mean we're still teaching some summer classes, and my spouse still has some freelance work to get done.  The wise part of me knows that any day when I sleep past 5 a.m. is a day that I really needed the sleep.

Perhaps I shall also take a nap this afternoon!

No comments: