Saturday, October 19, 2024

Tech Weariness

I decided to do the tech things before the writing things this morning:  getting essays graded for my online classes, getting material submitted for seminary classes.  When I return to North Carolina tomorrow, I won't have in-home internet.  My smart phone can function as a hotspot, but this is the week I discovered that unlimited data doesn't mean a) unlimited data or b) unlimited hotspot.

So, once again, I spent time on the phone with Spectrum, my internet, home phone, and cell phone provider.  I have requested unlimited hot spot use, in light of the fact that Spectrum hasn't restored my internet.  The very nice customer service person put in a help ticket.  Will it work?  I don't know.

That's why I decided to do the tech things this morning.  At some point soon, I'll write about the whole onground intensive week.  But not this morning.  I am weary:  because of grading, because of the need to work ahead, because it's an intensive week, not a week for relaxing.

I'm trying not to feel stressed about all the work that needs to be done in the coming weeks.  Most of the time, I'm successful.  Of all the things that I thought might make my jam-packed schedule difficult this term, having a hurricane in the mountains of North Carolina was not one of those things.

And yes, I see the life lesson here.

No comments: