Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Wednesday: The Most Intense Day of the Onground Intensive Week

I only have time for a quick post today, which will be the most intense day of the onground intensive.  This morning, I'll make that drive to campus, then walk to the Metro to go downtown.  My Race, Gender, and Religious Imagination class is going to the Museum of African American History!  And then I come back to campus for my afternoon Biblical Storytelling class, where it is our turn to tell our Biblical stories.

I chose the story of Jesus and the bleeding woman who touches the fringe of his cloak and is healed.  I felt like I already knew the story inside and out, but it's still a little unnerving and nervous making to be telling it in this way.  I've practiced and practiced, and I think I am ready.

Still, I will be glad when this day is over.  It's full of things I've done before, like taking the Metro downtown, so I shouldn't be afraid.  I still feel a bit on edge.  In part, it's because I need to be back for afternoon class to tell my story.

Let me go ahead and get ready.  Let me breathe.  Let me remember that all shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well (thanks, Julian of Norwich!).

No comments: