Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Celebrations


No, this is not my bunny cake, alas. This is the bunny cake that my mom made, that my mom, dad, sister, brother-in-law, and nephew got to eat. I should have thought ahead to make a bunny cake of my own.

But I had a pretty good Easter even with the lack of bunny cake. One of the things that I enjoyed most was making Easter cards for Lutheran missionaries with the children (and a few adults) at my church during Easter morning breakfast. I also got a crash course in butterfly gardens when the children went outside to have an Easter egg hunt and a plant hunt (sort of like an Easter egg hunt, except they don't put anything in their baskets--it's a neat way to orient them to the garden).

After a long, but happy, morning at church, we went home, changed clothes, and went over to our friends' house for a wonderful meal of lamb. Instead of bunny cake, we had caramel espresso cake. Yummmmm.

Before it all began, I had a great early morning of writing (poem 4!) and working on tasks for the creativity retreat that's coming up; I'm one of the coordinators, and I expect to write more on that later. I love getting writing tasks done early in the day, in the same way I like getting exercise done early in the day. The rest of the day feels like a gift.

No comments: