Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Lenten Resolutions

Yesterday, I went to this wonderful website to think about coloring my way through Lent.  If you'd like to try something similar, this part of the website will give you templates to download.

And then, startled, I realized that Lent is just 2 weeks away.  I'm not quite ready to accept the fact that Christmas is over, and now it's time for Lent.  It seems like such a short time ago that I was reading my way through Henri Nouwen's Show Me the Way:  Readings for Each Day of Lent.  And now it's time to begin again.

I just made my New Year's Resolutions/Plans--now it's time to think about what I might do for Lent.  For possibilities, see this post on my theology blog.
This year is already zooming by.  Sigh.  And January is almost over.  If I'm going to fulfill my plan of sending out 3 queries a month to agents and publishers, I need to get started.  I've done a good job of writing new material and sending out material.

In terms of my other goals, I'm doing a mostly fine job.  I have read my 2 books and my volume of poems for January.  I've eaten a good amount of fruits and veggies.  I've done more strength training and more teeth brushing.  I'm feeling more connected than disconnected.  I've not gone in the pool at all.  It got cold, and it's hard to make myself take that plunge.

I've been thinking about how my plans go astray.  At what point in the year do I get off track?  It's often tied to work upheaval, at least since 2012.  That knowledge has spurred me to do more in these weeks where I'm not feeling overburdened.

No comments: