Thursday, May 5, 2022

Surgery Updates

Long story short, surgery went well--below are some Facebook posts from the past few days. I plan to write a more cohesive blog post soon.

Just after surgery:  "Surgery took longer than expected, but was “a fabulous success.” Home now, resting. Thanks for all the love and support."

Morning after surgery: "Feeling pretty good this morning. Some pain but not too intense. Last round of narcotics was at 2:00 AM, and I'm still feeling pretty good. Fingers crossed that my luck continues."

Yesterday:

"I continue to do pretty well in this recovery from surgery. Still no real pain, and the main discomfort is from some swelling and from having a bandaged wrist, a bulkier bandage/supportive structure than before. At least my elbow is free, so I can move my arm.

I know that the real work is ahead of me with physical therapy to regain full function, and I'm prepared for that. I'm underemployed--I have plenty of time. Again thank you for all your love and support--it really does mean a lot."

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Glad you are doing better.