Tuesday, July 19, 2022

First Moving Day

I am taking a break from packing.  I keep thinking that there can't possibly be any more packing to do--and then I remember that I need to pack up the pots and pans once I'm sure we won't need them anymore (is that day today?).  There are boxes that are waiting for one last item to make them the perfect amount of full.  I need to take one last look in cabinets and closets, just to be sure we have everything.

Today is our first, smaller move.  The College Hunks Moving Junk guys will come to pick up the piano, the sideboard, and the monstrous floor lamp.  If we lived in a house, we'd just put those items out for a charitable pick up, but because we live in a condo, we'll pay them to take our stuff away.  It will be a good dry run for Thursday, when the moving van will come, hopefully on the dot at 9 a.m., to load our stuff up and move it to our little house in North Carolina.

Having 2 move dates has made me a bit nervous--what if the office thinks one of them was a mistake and cancels them?  In our condo, we have to reserve the elevator, which I've done.  I doublechecked yesterday, and we're still booked for both days.  I am resisting the urge to go check again.

I think what makes me most nervous is the condo aspect of it all.  We can't just park a moving van in a space for as long as the moving takes.  Happily, we don't have much stuff.  We have spent months getting rid of a lot of stuff.

More later--the moving team is here.

No comments: