Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Same Labyrinth Twice

Sometimes we might feel like we're walking in a maze--we may worry that we'll be lost in the thickets and brambles forever. 




But we must have faith that we're not in a maze but a labyrinth.  The way may not always be clear, but if we put one foot in front of the other, step by step, we'll make our way.



And then, we'll reach the middle.  We can rest.  We can say a prayer of thanks.

 



And then it's time to make our way out again.  The path may seem familiar.  Indeed, it is. 




The old saying has it that we can never step in the same river twice.  Can we walk through the same labyrinth twice?

 
 
I posted the above photo essay on my spirituality blog, but it fits equally well here.  It adequately describes my spiritual life this morning, as well as my creative life and my work life.  Today I'm feeling lost in the brambles, but I'll continue to have faith that footstep by footstep, I will make my way on the path.
 
And for those of you who are interested, this labyrinth is at Mepkin Abbey.

No comments: