Thursday, April 24, 2014

What Happens at a Creativity Retreat at a Church Camp?

You may wonder what happens at a creativity retreat. I thought I'd share a photo essay from 2010.  And if it inspires you to come, head on over to Lutheridge in Arden, NC, where the retreat begins this evening!

As you might expect, we do a variety of arts and crafts (if you're the type of person who draws a distinction). Here are some batik pieces drying on a line. I like the prayer flag image that we've unconsciously evoked.


We did a variety of interesting worship services. Where else can you worship God with a parachute?


Wind chime creating was one of the most popular activities.


I particularly liked the chair weaving. What do you do when the bottom falls out? Make a new chair and one that's more beautiful.





We did a variety of playful activities. Unfortunately, I didn't have the camera with me when we did tethered balloon rides. But here's some hula hoop play.





We had a talent show at the end. Here are people contra dancing to our impromptu bluegrass band.




We did a balloon meditation (go here to read about how we did it on a smaller scale at a planning meeting).


At the end, we did a Communion sending service at the braided labyrinth. I like that I've captured the stained glass window on the far wall, and the pottery and wood baptismal font in the front.


Plan now for next year! The retreat will be the week-end after Easter--you should come.

No comments: