Monday, August 1, 2016

July: The Writer's Report

Periodically I like to do a writer's check in.  It help keeps me honest both here in real time, and later, when I tend to castigate myself for what I didn't get done--and then I look back and realize that I actually did better than what I think.

Let me remember that July was a month with special challenges:  more online teaching duties, more administrator work to do with 7 new hires, a back going into spasms, and Vacation Bible School.

But with all the challenges, I still managed to get writing done:

--I wrote a few poems, along with some false starts.

--I have started writing 2 short stories, and I have another one in my head.  I've been thinking about the complete collection, and I went back to some of the other stories to make some revisions.

--I sent some poem packets out into the world, even though July is not a great time for making submissions, as many journals aren't reading in the summer.

--My friend and I have gotten back to our Purgatory project.

--I continued blogging faithfully.

Here we are, launching into August.  My writing goals will stay the same--but I also need to think about September, where I'd like to step up the pace on some projects, particularly in submitting.  I want to start sending out some of these stories that will make my Activists at 50 collection--it would be wonderful to generate publishing interest in the collection as I bring it to fruition.

No comments: