Monday, April 23, 2018

Fitbit Progress

I got a Fitbit, only to find out that one laptop didn't have Bluetooth--that's the one that allowed me to download the Fitbit app.  The laptop that has Bluetooth did not.  So, I gave in and ordered a Dongle that will allow the Fitbit to communicate with the app.  It's impossible to program the watch without the app. 

In a way, that's a good thing.  It's easier than punching a series of buttons, as all of my other watches have used.  But here, too, I'm learning the new watch more by trial and error than by anything that makes sense to me.

I'm trying to move for 10,000 steps each day.  Yesterday I didn't, but that's not unexpected.  I still made 3656 steps, which seems not bad for a day that I didn't go for a walk.

I think that the watch tells me how many calories I burned.  Yesterday I burned just over 2000 calories.  Today, when I go to spin class, I'll be interested to see how the watch calculates my calorie burn.

I'll also be interested to see if the watch prompts me to move.  Yesterday it didn't, but I was moving more yesterday than I do in a traditional day in the office.

The watch will be able to give me some sleep statistics.  I'm interested to know how many hours I actually sleep.

Last night's sleep was not quality sleep; I don't need a watch to tell me that.  But I often don't have quality sleep as Sunday moves to Monday morning.  It's not that I'm worried about work, so I'm not sure what the problem is, but it's there almost every week.

At some point soon, I'll go back to tracking calories using MyFitness Pal.  That's been an effective way of weight loss for me, no matter which calories I decide to try to restrict/monitor.

I'm not too far off track, but there's room for progress.  That seems to sum up many parts of my life.

No comments: