Sunday, August 12, 2018

Hurricane Recovery Report: First Half of Flooring Almost Done

I don't have great pictures that show the fake wood flooring that was in the front two bedrooms when we moved into the house.  I don't have pictures of the thresholds between rooms that were uneven and caused me to curse every time I vacuumed.  I don't have pictures of where it had begun to peel.

But here's a picture that will give you an idea:




We had the flooring guys rip it all up, and to our great delight, the subflooring looked to be in good shape.




We chose a red oak in a 6 inch plank to match the flooring in the other half of the house.  Here it is before it was stained.



And here's how it looks after the first coat of sealer:


The pictures don't do it justice.  You can't see the golden glow.  I can hardly wait to see how the whole house looks with these floors.

And here are some pictures of how we've been living.  It's not as bad as it looks.  I want to think it looks like a bohemian apartment in New York or Paris, but it probably just looks messy.  I'll be glad when it's all done.





Our flooring guy has to finish a job in Miami so he won't be back until the first week of September.  We'll use that time to paint walls and ceiling--and move the furniture into the two finished bedrooms.

No comments: