Monday, July 22, 2019

Anxiety Dreams for the Space Age

I don't have much time to write this morning.  Soon it will be time to leave to pick up the day old bread and baked goods from Publix and then the tumble of the week starts again.  The week-end zipped by.  Yesterday we had a long, philosophical conversation with the almost-grown son of friends.  I met his parents when we worked at the same school.  When I started there, she was hugely pregnant.  Our office space had a sofa, and I'd often see her catching a nap.  And now that child will be a senior in high school.

I didn't sleep well last night; I often don't as Sunday moves into Monday.  Last night I had a different kind of anxiety dream about needing to get to my spaceship before launch time--but my stuff was in a different building.  Was there time to make one last potty stop?  Did I really need all this stuff?  Would the space ship leave without me?

I woke up and fell back asleep to a more mundane dream about not being able to find the shirt I wanted in the piles of laundry--then I woke up and did something similar looking for workout shorts.

I did figure out how the husband character in my novel dies--or does he?  And I figured out the next chunk of the novel, which I plan to write tomorrow.  I am determined to hurry this to completion.  Could I get it published in the fall of 2020?  It would make a great election season novel.

I like the title of this blog post--would it work as a book title?  Should I start a new type of label?  Possible titles for books that may never be published.

All right, time to go--let all of this percolate until tomorrow, when there will be more time to write.

And let me remember that today is the feast day of Mary Magdalene--for a meditation on her relevance to the 21st century, see this post on my theology blog.


No comments: