Yesterday was a good first day of class at Spartanburg Methodist College, and not just for me. Everyone I talked to yesterday mentioned the good energy on campus.
Of course, the first day of a semester is usually wonderful--and fall semester is best. Yesterday was no exception.
My heavy duty teaching days are Mondays and Wednesdays, so today will be a bit more structured. Yesterday I went to my Creative Writing class and then did some work for today's classes during my office hours.
I was hanging out in my office even beyond office hours while my spouse finished his day working on the fixer-upper house. We traveled down together, he dropped me off, and then at the end of our separate days, we traveled back to our mountain house.
We are in that time of summer where I don't feel hungry for anything in particular, but I do feel hungry. We stopped at Publix, the grocery store which makes our favorite fried chicken, and I grabbed the last box of 8 pieces. We spent the evening watching TV and eating chicken.
Yesterday I didn't have class until 12:15, but today's teaching starts at 9, so I'll need to be on the road by 7:15 or 7:30--so let me get ready for my morning walk.
It's darker than I would like it to be, but I have lights for my shoes, and we'll see how it goes. MWF will be the days when I stop by the Lutheridge weight room to do some work on the weight machines--at least that's my plan until we've moved into the fixer-upper house.
Let me begin.
No comments:
Post a Comment