Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Tuesday Ramblings

I didn't post yesterday because I slept until 4:30ish, and needed to be out of the house by 5:15 to pick up the day old bread at Publix for my school. 

I usually don't sleep well as Sunday makes its way to Monday, but this week was an exception.  I had amazing dreams in vivid colors, the dreams shifting but seeming to cover one narrative.  In each section, I was either a retreat coordinator or someone who was putting together a massive meeting in a beautiful setting.

I spent part of yesterday tracking hurricane Michael, which I assumed was barely going to make it to hurricane status, but today it seems possible that it may make it to something much more major.  We've had the lovely breeziness that comes from having a major storm in the neighborhood.  I don't think we'll get much more than breeziness and some squally rain.  But just in case, I moved the flower pots with the autumn mums to the floor of the porch, not the arches.  I don't want to return home to shattered flower pots.

This morning, like many Tuesday mornings, I was awake at 2:00.  I thought I might do some grading, but I haven't.  I've toggled back and forth, checking overnight hurricane coverage, downloading some photos, writing a bit.

I also ordered some of my favorite purple legal pads--I usually write the rough drafts of my poems on them.  I have extras, but they're in a drawer in the antique desk.  I can't get the drawers open, and I can't get to the lever that might open them.  The desk is not really put back together, so I can't tell what's really going on.  The drawers have always been a bit sticky, but not like this, which is why I think there might be a lever.  But the desk top is loaded down with boxes of china.  So I took the path of least resistance.

I am always amazed when I get up early and feel like I get so little done.  It is time to do the final preparations to get ready for spin class--where has the time gone? 

No comments: