Monday, July 13, 2020

Photos from a Morning Walk

As I've been walking around my neighborhood, creating little chunks of video that I'll put together for a sermon for this Sunday's sermon, I've been getting other pictures too.  I was struck by this branch, so I moved it to the wall by the Intracoastal waterway.  I think it has a certain beauty:




It reminds me of this picture that I took back in Tampa when I was there for the 2018 AWP conference:




In the last few days, I've been able to get very close to a heron.  The sky behind the bird is actually the reflection of the sky in the water:





Here's an even closer up of the bird's face.




Some of the pictures I get aren't great--this one was taken before there was enough light:




I first noticed this sign (which says "Feel Better World") in the window of a neighborhood house in the early days of the pandemic back in  March.  It's still there.  The world still needs healing

No comments: