Wednesday, August 11, 2021

The Thrum of Every Air Conditioner

Long ago, we bought a condo in a 55+ high rise for my mother-in-law.  When I spent time there, I was amazed that we could hear the neighbor's TV which was loud enough for me to keep up with plot lines.  I worried that we would have that experience in our current condo situation.

I did not anticipate hearing the low thrum of everyone's air conditioners.  It doesn't bother me the way that a neighbor's music would, but it's always there and noticeable.  And they thrum in different ways.

Why does my hearing loss keep me from hearing my spouse's low register voice, but I can still hear other types of bass notes?

The other irritation of the last few days:  we have never had both vehicles able to access the parking garage at the same time.  I am holding onto the hope that this will be fixed today when the City of Hollywood updates the two non-working access cards that I currently have in my car.

Even with our parking hassles, we've still managed to move a lot of smaller stuff over to the new place:  box after box of smaller stuff.  We have a lot of the kitchen organized.  I have most of my clothes and shoes here.  

I am glad--so glad--that we've been able to access the internet.  Speedier, more reliable internet that's paid for with the rent was one of the big selling points of this condo as opposed to other housing choices, and if we couldn't access it, I would have more trouble fixing that.

My writing time is shorter this morning.  My car is parked back at the old house, since I can't get into the parking garage.  I'll shower there and leave for work from there.  I'd say my morning routine is disrupted, but I don't really have a morning routine here yet.

No comments: