Saturday, March 12, 2022

Remain in Port

This morning, during my walk through our swampy morning, I thought about the fact that a gale warning is in effect until tomorrow morning.  Really?  There's not a breeze of any kind, I thought.  I do realize that conditions over the water may be very different.

I am guessing that conditions will worsen over the day.  Just because a gale warning goes into effect at 7 a.m. doesn't mean those conditions will spring up right away.

The ending of the gale warning has stuck with me.  It seems appropriate for so many areas of our lives today:

"Mariners should alter plans to avoid these hazardous conditions.
Remain in port, seek safe harbor, alter course, and/or secure the
vessel for severe conditions.

A sudden onset of rough seas may cause hazardous conditions,
which may occur suddenly at jetties and inlets. These conditions
could catch boaters by surprise. Boaters should remain in port."

I had no intention of boating, so staying in port is fine with me.  I've got lots of seminary writing to do, beginning with a paper on Micah.  The ancient prophets seem ever more relevant in these times.

No comments: