Saturday, April 6, 2019

Hurricane Recovery and the Trip to the Lan Su Chinese Garden

Yesterday we got the good news:  our countertops will be installed on Monday.  Hoorah!

That meant we needed to jump into action.  Because our countertop is Corian with a seamless Corian sink, we need a faucet.  So off we went to Home Depot yesterday.

The good news:  we did find a faucet.  The bad news:  Home Depot is more difficult to navigate than ever.  And they only had one ugly chaise lounge cushion.

So we came home and made an online order.  We are also continuing our quest for curtains.  Once I enjoyed all of this choosing of new stuff more than I am enjoying it these days.  I am just ready to be done with this remodel.

Today I will spend time getting the front room ready for my sister's arrival the Thursday before Easter.  Tomorrow, my brother-in-law will come to help us move some heavier furniture, including the guest room bed.

I am also thinking back to last week-end, to our trip to Lan Su Chinese Garden.  Let me post some of the photos that I didn't have a chance to post last week:



I loved the beauty of the garden.




But I really loved the tea room.




We had interesting treats, like a tea steeped egg



that came in this eggshell:



I loved all the tea pots. 



And the tea was both soothing and robust:



And now I am fortified to face the work of today!



No comments: