Sunday, April 14, 2019

Working Week-end

So far, this has been the kind of week-end that we need to have every so often, the kind of week-end where we just power through some tasks:

--I took the car in for a long overdue oil change.  I also paid $10 for an inspection that looked at hoses and brakes and filters and all the sorts of things that could be wrong.  Hopefully my car is now roadworthy for the Create in Me retreat that comes the week after Easter.

--I took boxes of books to be donated to the library.  They weren't even my books!  When I was in Portland, one of our church friends brought 3 boxes of books to church saying that he thought I might like them.  My spouse brought them home.  If I had world enough and time, I might love them, but I don't.  So, off they went.

--I went to Total Wine to get some provisions for my sister's visit this week.

--I made a Home Depot run while my spouse kept working on shelving.  While there, I got supplies for the Earth Day/National Poetry Month celebration for my school that I'm planning.

--We got some painting done.  The laundry room is close to done now.  My spouse made cool shelves to utilize some space there that's not very useful for much.  Now we have a pantry!

--My spouse did amazing work staining everything that needed staining:  those shelves and the barn doors primarily.

--I cleaned the windowsills and other surfaces that haven't been cleaned in ages.  I didn't want to do too much cleaning while remodeling was still ongoing.  I didn't realize how many months that would be.

--I did the grading for my online classes that is never finished until the day the grades are turned in.  We aren't there yet.

--I made a pizza, a delicious way to "break in" the new kitchen.  I'm looking forward to being fully unpacked and back in the kitchen, but we're not there yet.

--Along the way, I did a bit of poetry writing and short story submitting.  Hurrah!

Last night, I went to bed at 8:15 because I was so exhausted.  There's still work to do, but that, too, will always be the case--it's good to make some progress.

For those of you who were hoping for a Palm Sunday meditation, I wrote one for my theology blog with photos from last year's Palm Sunday.


No comments: