Thursday, September 22, 2022

Autumn Arriving

Today is the autumnal equinox, the day when summer gives way to autumn.  And in DC, we have a cold front coming just in time to give us cooler weather.  This article told me that the highs that have been in the upper 80's are 10 degrees above normal:  "It’s certainly not out of the question that this is as warm as it gets until next spring."

As I've gone on my morning walks, I've seen signs of fall, even as I've been sweating.  There are lovely autumnal wreaths:






There are pumpkins on porches:







Some of the decorations are Halloween holiday specific:




And here and there, I see some leaves changing color:




The true glories of the season are yet to come.  I am so happy to live in a place where I will get some autumn weather in the actual season of autumn!  Maybe this will be the week-end that I bake pumpkin bread.

No comments: