Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Leaving

During yesterday's drive back from North Carolina, I marveled at how completely the trees in the mountains had lost their leaves in just one week.  I was surprised, therefore, when I went on my walk around my seminary neighborhood after yesterday's drive, to discover that many of the trees in DC aren't quite done yet:


Of course, most of them have already dropped their leaves.  But there are still these bright spots of color, which are totally absent just a bit further north, a bit higher up in elevation.

Actually, the color is there, but it's much more monochrome, in shades of gray and brown.

Here I went off to work on my sermon.  Then I noticed the open tab.

I have limited time this morning, and in fact, I thought I had written this post. Let me 

No comments: