Saturday, April 1, 2023

A Busy Day, an Intense Week

Today is an unusually busy Saturday for me.  My World Religions class has two week-ends where we meet on campus for class/experiential learning on Friday evening and Saturday from 9-5.  Today is the last of those in-person meetings.  We will end by going to a Buddhist meditation center.

It's a busy day at the end of a busy week--last week-end I was at my mom's women's retreat at St. Stephens Lutheran Church, and each day this week, I've been doing a lot of seminary writing.  I had something due in every class this week, sometimes several assignments, so it's been more intense than usual.  I'm worn out, and this today's heavy schedule has yet to get started.

Happily tomorrow and Monday are much less intense, so I'll have time to recover and to plot how to finish the term.  In the next five weeks, I have lots of work for seminary due, plus the four classes that I'm teaching online will be ending.  But tomorrow, I will rest.

Today is forecast to be windy and rainy--very windy.  I thought about going for a walk before class, but the skies look threatening.  Plus, it's good to be gentle with myself this morning.

The winds may finish off the cherry blossoms.  Happily, I have some pictures.  Here is one from my walk earlier this week:




The tree trimmers had just been by when I walked a few days ago.  I picked up some twigs with blossoms on them, and now they're in a glass of water on my window sill.  They bring me joy.



No comments: