Monday, April 17, 2023

Back Down the Mountain

Yesterday, at the end of the Create in Me retreat, instead of driving 12 hours back to Florida, I walked down the road to my house in the residential section of Lutheridge.  Today, however, I do have a long drive:  between 7-8 hours back to my seminary apartment.  However, I don't dread it.  Much of the scenery is much prettier than past year's drives.

It's nice, also, not to dread that return to "real life," that leaving of the mountain top experience.  The bulk of my "real life" is a dream come true:  being a seminary student.  The job that pays part of the bills, teaching college English classes online, isn't onerous.

Last year, I left the Create in Me retreat with my right arm in a cast, wrist broken within it, knowing I was going to need surgery.  I am also glad not to be facing that.

Let me do my last packing and head out.  I don't leave quite as early as I once did, but it will soon be time to go.

No comments: