Monday, April 24, 2023

The Bands of Our Youth

I have had bits of Indigo Girls songs in my head all night.  On Friday, as we played Sequence, a game that has cards, a board, and poker chips; as we played, we listened to Indigo Girls songs, and to our surprise, we were both singing along.

I said, "I didn't know you liked the Indigo Girls."  

She said, "And I didn't know you liked the Indigo Girls."

And then we traded Indigo Girls stories.  It seems like something I should know about my sister.  It also took me back to a time when we both liked such a wide variety of music that it's not strange that we might have missed some points in common.  It's also possible that I knew it at the time, but it's been decades, and I can scarcely keep up with bands I used to like, much less remember the playlists of loved ones.

I think of Whitman who contained multitudes.  So do we all.

No comments: