Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Pumpkin Sketches and Full Moon Walks

Yesterday, we made a quick grocery store stop on our way back from Spartanburg.  At one point, I heard an announcement over the loudspeaker, so I went to the in-store Starbucks.  I had heard correctly--they were giving out samples of Pumpkin Spice Latte--yum.

For me, though, this season is really Pumpkin Sketching season.  Here's my latest:


Those of you who know me best know that I am often sketching pumpkins.  But in autumn, it feels more legit--the way I am always drawn to autumn spices that some call pumpkin.

This past week has also been full moon walking week.  It feels less onerous to walk in the pre-dawn dark when a full moon awaits.



I had always wondered if there was ever a time when I could capture both the moon and the lighted cross at the Lutheridge lake.  I'm calling this one a success, even if my phone camera is less advanced.



I also like the one that has some lights from the lodge/boathouse.  It's not quite spooky season vibes, but close--summer shifting vibes perhaps.

No comments: