--I am still trying to decide if my apple comparing review exercise in my Nonfiction Writing class was effective. In some ways, it was: we had a great conversation about the apples, but we're still in the process of translating that experience to the writing of reviews.
--I haven't done as much walking this week--we've had several very rainy mornings, and while I don't mind walking in the rain, I worry more about walking in rain in the dark, as I must do with my MWF schedule.
--While I haven't done much poetry revising, I've been revising a short story I found in my files. It didn't need much revising, so I don't know how much I should be patting myself on the back.
--We've had the arrival of our first cool weather--finally! I want to bake, but I'm also aware of how many calories my fall favorites contain and how much time some of them take to create.
--I decided to do some tasks out of order this morning. I went on a full moon walk--lovely!
--Yesterday was a day that many folks were celebrating Dolly Parton. My spouse found 2 possible movies for us to watch. I wasn't really up for 9 to 5. Instead, we watched Straight Talk (1992), where Dolly plays a woman who leaves a bad boyfriend and heads off to interesting adventures in Chicago, some of which involve James Woods, who plays a newspaper guy. Lots of unbelievable plot twists, but I didn't really care.
--My spouse and I both agreed that this movie is Dolly at her most physically lovely. Her personality, lovely as always, blazes through this movie, which made it particularly perfect.
--We are almost at the 2 year anniversary of Hurricane Helene. Two years ago today, I went down the market to Spartanburg Methodist College, hoping to finish up student conferences. On my way home, driving through rain that seemed normal, I got a weather alert on my phone, telling me about a flash flood warning, urging me to seek higher ground. I had just driven across a mountain and assumed the alert was for someone else, since I was in a car on the Interstate (I 26). A day later, that part of the Interstate would be under water.
--And now there are new houses and apartment buildings being built on that land that flooded. Maybe it was a hundred year flood, and those structures will be safe. I am doubtful.
No comments:
Post a Comment