In later years, when I wonder why my blogging fell off a cliff in the past week, let me remember 2 factors. Tech woes kept me offline or otherwise engaged for several days: an internet outage one day, followed by my authenticator app not working and then being glitchy.
But I've also been writing a short story! Once that sentence would not have merited an exclamation point at the end of a sentence, but I haven't written a short story since the piece I wrote for my seminary class in the late fall of 2024.
I had a glimmer of this week's short story during Quilt Camp--a woman who is more of a traditionalist being shocked when her old nemesis wins a best-in-show award at the Asheville Quilt Show. I keep remembering the quilt I saw at the show which used tiny gear parts for flower blooms; it was a steampunk quilt (imprecise title).
Last week we had writing time in both of my creative writing classes, and I really enjoyed writing with them--and it helped to have an idea. But then I wanted a finished draft, and by tomorrow, I'll have one. Hurrah!
The Asheville Quilt Show and our summer Quilt Camp have been giving me all sorts of inspirations. Just this morning, I thought about my Nancy Drew poem where she decides to go back to teaching (I put the poem in this blog post). Over the next few days, I'll think about what happens if Nancy Drew decides to start quilting.
No comments:
Post a Comment